rTMS can increase or decrease the excitability of the corticospinal tract depending on the intensity of stimulation, coil orientation, and frequency.
Along with applications in neurophysiology, neurology and cognitive neuroscience, rTMS system is used in psychiatry for the study of mood disorders and has been recommended in the UK by NICE for the treatment of depression.
DuoMAG XT features:-
- Pulse mode: Biphasic, Biphasic Burst (e.g. theta burst)
- DuoMAG XT-100 can reach 100Hz at 40% intensity and 50Hz (for theta burst stimulation) at up to 67% intensity
- External communications via TTL in/out triggers and USB
- System control and configuration via Windows based touch-screen
- Controllable from an external device
- Custom protocol editor and storage by way of built-in computer
- Burst function fully configurable (iTBS, cTBS etc)
- Compatible with a wide range of circular, focal figure-8 and cooled coils
The DuoMag XT rTMS transcranial magnetic stimulator is a CE-certified medical device for non-invasive brain stimulation in humans. It is limited to investigational and research use in USA.