Advanced TMS Workshop for Neuroscience 2020
The three-day Advanced TMS for Neuroscience course, hosted at the Brainbox Initiativeheadquarters in Cardiff, is run in collaboration with field-leading neuroscientists from UCL, the University of Lancaster, and theUniversity of York.
The Advanced TMS Workshop for Neuroscience will equip delegates with a detailed knowledge and understanding of the opportunities and limitations that transcranial magnetic stimulation(TMS) can offer your cognitive neuroscience programme. The workshop programme will cover:
- The past, present, and future of non-invasive brain stimulation;
- The physical and neurophysiological basis of TMS;
- Designing virtual lesion experiments using both on- and off-line rTMS;
- Chronometric TMS and combining TMS with other methodologies;
- Clinical uses of TMS; and
- How to integrate TMS into your research programme.
In addition to this programme, you will have the opportunity to obtain substantial hands-on experience using TMS systems as both an experimenter and as a participant; design your own experiment from the ground up; and deconstruct the strengths and weaknesses of an existing study.
The course is designed for anyone interested in incorporating TMS into their cognitive neuroscience research, including graduate students, postdocs, and principle investigators.
We are delighted to offer early-bird registration for this workshop until 20 Jan, 2020. Students are eligible to receive a discounted registration rate when using the code STUDENTat the checkout.