Brainbox Initiative Workshop: Fundamentals & Applications of TUS
The Brainbox Initiative is hosting a workshop focusing on the fundamentals & applications of transcranial ultrasound stimulation (TUS/tFUS).
The workshop will be joined by academic and technical experts in TUS/tFUS techniques for interactive sessions and lectures designed to give attendees of the workshop a solid understanding of the physical and biomechanics bases, challenges and potentials.
The workshop will feature study development and application, how to design, prepare, carry out and analyse transcranial ultrasound stimulation studies in a completely safe and replicable way.
Over the course of three days, the workshop will explore topics such as:
- The basic principles and physiology of transcranial ultrasound neuromodulation;
- An introduction to the basic principles and physiology of TUS;
- The pros and cons of using TUS and ways to counteract these limitations;
- An in-depth look at the safety and efficiency considerations for TUS studies;
- Practical demonstrations of different kinds of TUS protocols, including online & offline-TUS;
- Considerations for TUS study design supplemented with group discussions;
- Interactive, practical demonstrations of TUS techniques, measurements, and simulation of acoustic fields;
- and much more.
Our workshop programmes are created in collaboration with leading neuroscientists from around the world. Dr Elsa Fouragnan and members of her lab will be leading this programme and workshop
The programmes for all of our Brainbox Initiative workshops are developed in conjunction with the Brainbox Initiative Scientific Committee and other leading neuroscience researchers.
Date: 3 - 5 May 2023
Location: University of Plymouth
Dr Elly Martin, University College London
Dr Elsa Fouragnan, Plymouth University
Dr Siti Yaakub, Plymouth University
Dr Nadege Bault, Plymouth University
Mathilde Lojkiewiez, Plymouth University