The Axilum TMS Robot is designed specifically for the accurate, safe and reproducible placement of a TMS coil during an experiment or treatment session. The TMS Robot is used in combination with Brainsight TMS Navigation to automatically target and reproduce user-defined trajectories (pitch, tilt, yaw) while compensating for any movement of the subject’s head.
The Axilum Robot is the first robotic solution specifically designed for transcranial magnetic stimulation. It provides the TMS researcher and practitioner with many advantages:
• Accuracy and repeatability of coil placement and navigation
• Compensation for patients’ head movement during TMS session
• Access to any stimulation target or trajectory via hemispheric movement around the subject's head
• Improved patient safety achieved by adapted motor’s power and contact force sensors attached to the stimulating coils surface to ensure appropriate contact force between coil and patient
• TMS sessions can be planned in advance and executed autonomously
• Replication of recorded procedures with automated record keeping of stimulation sites and targets
• Ease of use, improved safety and comfort for the operator
The Axilum TMS Robot conforms to IEC 60601-1 standards. Axilum Robotics TMS-Robotis intended for use in medical or scientific investigation purposes only.
DESIGNED FOR SAFETY AND COMFORT
IMPROVED SOCIAL DISTANCING
The Axilum TMS Robot reduces the need for contact between researcher and participant, allowing for better compliance with social distancing requirements.
Robotic arm adjustment
7 degrees of freedom
2 degrees of freedom
1523mm x 769mm x 1950 mm
- Fronto-parietal networks underlie the interaction between executive control and conscious perception: Evidence from TMS and DWI. Mar Martín-Signes, Cristina Cano-Melle, Ana B. Chica. Cortex. January 2021
- Reliability of robotic transcranial magnetic stimulation motor mappin. Adrianna Giuffre, Cynthia K. Kahl, Ephrem Zewdie, James G. Wrightson, Anna Bourgeois, Elizabeth G. Condliffe, and Adam Kirton. The Journal of Neurophysiology. January 2021
- Guidelines for TMS/tES Clinical services and research through the COVID-19 pandemic. Marom Bikson, Coleen A. Hanlon, Adam J. Woods, Bernadette T. Gillik, Leigh Charvet, Claus Lamm, Graziella Madeo, Adrienn Holczer, Jorge Almeida, Andrea Antal, Mohammad Reza Ay, Chris Baeken, Daniel M. Blumberger, ... Hamed Ekhtiari. Brain Stimulation. August 2020
- Probing regional cortical excitability via input–output properties using transcranial magnetic stimulation and electroencephalography coupling. Estelle Raffin, Sylvain Harquel, Brice Passera Alan Chauvin, Thierry Bougerol, Olivier David. Human Brain Mapping. May 2020
- Causal Contributions of the SMA to Alertness and Consciousness Interactions. Mar Martín-Signes, Carlos Pérez-Serrano, & Ana B Chica. Cerebral Cortex. February 2019
- Robotic TMS mapping of motor cortex in the developing brain. J.G. Grab, E. Zewdie, H.L. Carlson, H.-C. Kuo, P. Ciechanski, J. Hodge, A. Giuffre, & A. Kirton. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. November 2018
- Semantic incongruity attracts attention at a pre-conscious level: Evidence from a TMS study. Javier Ortiz-Tudela, Elisa Martín-Arévalo, Ana B. Chica, & Juan Lupiáñez. Cortex. May 2018
- Mapping dynamical properties of cortical microcircuits using robotized TMS and EEG: Towards functional cytoarchitectonics. Sylvain Harquel, Thibault Bacle, Lysianne Beynel, Christian Marendaz, Alan Chauvin, & Olivier David. NeuroImage. July 2016
This product can be used in combination with some of our other systems. Find out more by selecting one from the list below.
To find out more about the techniques that are applicable to this product, follow the links below.
In addition to supplying and supporting a wide range of neuroscience products, Brainbox offers additional value in a number of areas that can benefit our customers, including:
Installation, Product Training, Technique Training, Bespoke Training
System Upgrades, Testing, Calibration, System Integration, Bespoke Solutions
Study Design, Piloting, Technical Information, References
Grant Applications, Industrial Projects, Workshops