Brainsight NIRS utilises laser sources with two or more wavelengths and high sensitivity detectors for deep brain measurements. In addition, the system benefits from supplementary detectors for dedicated measurement of superficial signals (e.g. from the scalp), which can then be removed from the data during analysis. The locations of all sources and detectors can be planned in advance using Brainsight’s intuitive cap manager and digitised using its neuronavigation features, allowing the variations in blood oxygenation levels to be mapped onto 3D reconstructions of the subject’s brain (or an average brain, if subject-specific MRI is not available).
Intuitive Software for Easy fNIRS Research
Brainsight NIRS features an easy-to-use and intuitive software package, controlled via an Apple iMac, to allow for ultimate ease of use in carrying out an fNIRS research project.
The Brainsight NIRS software provides seamless integration of both acquisition control software and neuronavigation software, giving the researcher the capability of mapping all fNIRS — as well as any other TMS, EEG, and/or EMG — to either a standard brain template (e.g. MNI) or to a subject-specific MRI.
When carrying out fNIRS research with the system, Brainsight NIRS will guide the user through all steps of the process, including:
- Defining and applying the fNIRS cap;
- Setting fNIRS parameters;
- Acquisition of fNIRS data;
- And exporting of data to the Brainsight computer or chosen external clients, such as Matlab.
LOW PROFILE OPTODES
HIGH FREQUENCY SAMPLING
MULTI CHANNEL RECORDING
SCALP ACTIVITY DETECTORS
1 to 4 optical modules, each containing:
32 to 160 (typical)
705nm & 830 nm (default)
Up to 100 Hz for NIRS, up to 8kHz for auxiliary channels
Si APD (cortical) / Si photodiode (proximal)
- An fNIRS investigation of Masculinity, Femininity and Sex on nonparents empathetic response to infant cries. Xinyao Ng, Li Ying Ng, Giuilio Gabrieli, Atiqua Azhari, Michelle Jin Yee Noah, and Gianluca Esposito. Brain Sciences. May 2021
- Decreased prefrontal connectivity parallels cognitive fatigue-related performance decline after sleep deprivation. An optical imaging study. Guillermo Borragán, Carlos Guerrero-Mosquera, Céline Guillaume, Hichem Slama, & PhilippePeigneux. Biological Psychology. May 2019
- Cognitive Fatigue, Sleep and Cortical Activity in Multiple Sclerosis Disease. A Behavioral, Polysomnographic and Functional Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Investigation. Guillermo Borragán, Médhi Gilson, Anne Atas, Hichem Slama, Andreas Lysandropoulos, Melanie De Schepper, and Philippe Peigneux. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. September 2018
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Does Not Counteract Cognitive Fatigue, but Induces Sleepiness and an Inter-Hemispheric Shift in Brain Oxygenation. Guillermo Borragán, Médhi Gilson, Carlos Guerrero-Mosquera, Eleonora Di Ricci, Hichem Slama, and Philippe Peigneux. Frontiers in Psychology. 2018
This product can be used in combination with some of our other systems. Find out more by selecting one from the list below.
- DuoMAG MP
- DuoMAG MP-Dual
- DuoMAG MP-Quad
- DuoMAG XT
- Elevate TMS
- nurostym tES
- neuroConn DC-Stimulator PLUS
- neuroConn DC-Stimulator MC
- NeuroFUS PRO
- TruScan Research EEG
- NEURO PRAX DC-EEG
- NEURO PRAX MRI-EEG
- Brainsight TMS Navigation
- Galileo Tactile Stimulator
- Kinarm End-Point Lab
- Kinarm Exoskeleton Lab
- neuroConn LOOP-IT
To find out more about the techniques that are applicable to this product, follow the links below.
In addition to supplying and supporting a wide range of neuroscience products, Brainbox offers additional value in a number of areas that can benefit our customers, including:
Installation, Product Training, Technique Training, Bespoke Training
System Upgrades, Testing, Calibration, System Integration, Bespoke Solutions
Study Design, Piloting, Technical Information, References
Grant Applications, Industrial Projects, Workshops