At Brainbox, we take your privacy and the security of your personal data very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting these in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
From time to time changes to this policy may be made. By using our website or engaging with us you are agreeing to be bound by this policy. Please do keep coming back to make sure that you are comfortable with any changes made. In the event of any changes being made, we will always notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the changes taking effect.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices you should send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Data Protection Office, Brainbox Ltd, The Creative Quarter, 8a Morgan Arcade, Cardiff. CF10 1AF.
Who we are
Brainbox Ltd is a specialist solution provider of integrated brain stimulation and brain imaging devices used in academic brain research. Our main offices are in Cardiff, United Kingdom and we supply our devices all over the world either directly or in a small number of countries facilitated by a distributor.
We also operate the BrainBox Initiative, which is an annual programme of workshops, research related challenges, a conference and other opportunities for early career neuroscientists to present their research and gain valuable experiences related to promoting their work and expertise.
Brainbox is a data controller and data processor and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via the details above.
When we collect personal data
Personal data is collected in the following ways:
- When you visit our website and access web pages and hyperlinks
- When you interact with us in person through correspondence by telephone, email, social media and at events we attend as individuals or as exhibitors
- When you complete one of our website forms such as Contact Us; Quotation builder; General enquiry, demonstration request or event interest registration
- When you purchase a ticket (free or paid) to a workshop, conference or other event that we hold
- When you request a quotation and/or purchase a product from us or from one of our distribution partners
- When you apply for a job with us
What information do we collect and why
Information about you we may collect includes:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Who you work for/where you work
- Telephone number
- Mailing address of your organisation
We also collect:
- Feedback, comments and questions received from you in service related communication and activities;
- Information from our website/s such as IP address and actions take on the site/s
We do not collect or process special categories of data such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
This information is collected so that we may:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about products, services, events and activities we offer or our newsletter. These communications are subscription based and require your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services you have purchased from us
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate interest and mutual interest is established
- Provide you with content and details of events and activities you have signed up for
- Reply to a Contact Us or other webform that you have completed on our website/s
- Follow up on an incoming request (customer support, email, telephone call or webchat)
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, software updates or related information; invoice reminders and similar.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services
- Process a job application
- Assess the effectiveness of our sales and marketing activities, both on and offline.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Data collected based on consents
When we collect personal data based on consent, we do this by using positive opt-in on forms and communication preference centre. Individual consents will be stored and documented on our systems.
Data collected based on contracts
We use personal data to fulfil our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Data collected based on legitimate interest
Personal data may be used if considered to be of legitimate interest and if privacy interests of the individual/s do not override this interest. The legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing activities. We will always inform individuals of their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
Our data retention policy
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected. In this we will consider our need to respond to your queries, resolve possible issues, comply with legal obligations or for safeguarding purposes.
Therefore, we may retain your personal data for a reasonable time period after your last interaction with us. When your data is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner.
Under GDPR you have the following rights in relation to your data.
- The right to request a copy of the personal data that we have on you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data that is incorrect or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it
- The right to withdraw your consent to personal data processing i.e. your consent to receive marketing communications – you can do this by using the link to manage your preferences included in all our communications
- The right to request your personal data in a portable format so that you may pass it on directly to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in the case where data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing
Cookies and other website tracking technologies
These details help us to ensure that our website/s work efficiently and that we can assess and enhance the user experience.
In the way that we use these technologies we are unable to personally identify you.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your information with any third parties without your consent except from what is described below:
- Third party service providers working on our behalf
- We may pass on your information to our distributors, agents, manufacturers or other associated organisations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf